Monday, October 11, 2004

My web site

Time to get organized

Organization - according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary it means "Something made up of elements with varied functions that contribute to the whole and to collective functions; an organism." To someone like me, organization is the very fiber of everything that I do. I was a project manager long before I knew what a project manager was :) When I was young, my room was organized in such a way that I could always find everything and anything that I was looking for. I read books in alphabetical order from the library. I organized my albums and now CDs in alphabetical order by genre. My file system at work and at home is neat and tidy so that I can lay my hands on everything that I need when I need it.

Clutter - "A confused or disordered state or collection; a jumble". I can't stand clutter! I have to have a neat and orderly existence. So I am publicly 'fessing up that I am on a quest to regain my previously organized state. My blog is going to be about organization until I get there. I have thought quite a bit about this lately while I have been on the journey to organization.

Things that hamper me from being organized:
#1 time. I don't have enough time to undo the mess that I have allowed to creep up on me due to lack of time. It really takes less time to be organized than it does to be disorganized and I already know that. However, I am finding that it takes quite a bit more time to get organized if you are disorganized.
#2 lack of space. I have small closets and between all of us, we have lots of clothes and my daughter has lots of shoes :) I'm sure if I sort through them, I will find ugly clothes that I will never wear again so I can get rid of them.
#3 that feeling of being overwhelmed by it all. Basically, I would be able to organize my closets if I knew what I was doing and had the right kinds of containers for my closet. I bought some containers and I'm gonna give it a shot.

Things that I have accomplished over the last couple of weeks:
#1 cleaned the basement storage room. I sorted through everything in that room, donated SOOOOO much stuff and still have things to go. It wasn't so bad, just have to bring the success upstairs.
#2 started the website and this blog. I have wanted to do this for so long. I have to admit, it's still in dire shape and needs to be organized and have content added.
#3 getting caught up at work. I'm working on it, have more to do, but I made great strides today. :)
#4 no matter how out of sorts I have felt, I stuck to my diet. :)
#5 started ready a novel. I worked hard and had enough time to actually read. That was wonderful and the book is great! Thanks StylePhyle!!

Speaking of reading, it's that time...I'm off to read some more and get rested up. I have a day at the golf course tomorrow, so I have to scoot!

No comments: