Friday, November 23, 2007
I hope you had a wonderful time on Thanksgiving and had the 5 F's - FUN - FAMILY - FRIENDS - FOOTBALL - and of course, FOOD!!
Ours was wonderful and the meal seemed to come together so easily. I was so pleased. We had turkey, stuffing, green beans, corn, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, parsnips, cheesy rolls and pumpkin pie! YUM! Everything was homemade by us and delicious. We have leftovers and plan on having them for dinner.
I've spent most of my day packing up my treasures. Today seemed like it was the day to pack just treasures. I went around and packed all the fragile items. Snicker hung with me all day, sniffing and helping me. In fact, he's laying next to me right now. He's such an integral part of our lives. I'm so happy that he's here. He's going to LOVE our new place.
Here's our new house back in Cincinnati! It's so hard to believe, it happened SO FAST! And without a hitch. Geez. I just am amazed. New house, back home, back to my job. We truly have come full circle. I'm so glad he's called me and put things back together. Less cost, less traffic, more family and friends, huge yard, nice neighborhood, close to shopping and work, more time back to us - just saving commuting time alone will buy me 10 hrs a week or 520 hours a year! It's amazing.
I know that it's going to be winter there, I know that I'm leaving the best weather in the country behind. I have to be honest, I will miss it. I will miss the beach 7 miles from my house, the mountains that I can see from everywhere I go. I like my job, so I'll miss all my co-workers. But the truth is - I don't go to the beach hardly at all, I do drive to the mountains because they are my favorite. So, I will have to just make time to go to Colorado, to the mountains and enjoy time off. The fact that I'll gain 500 hrs a year is so worthwhile. I'm not getting any younger.....I hate to give away my time and money.
Things cost so much more here. Eggs $3/dz; milk $4.50/gal; meat is expensive; fruits and vegetables are cheap. Gas is $3.40/gal. Food, clothes, furniture, etc. All cost more.
I'm coming home! We moving back by Christmas! Another adventure and to be honest - I hope it's the last one of this magnitude for a long time!!!!!! My future adventures should be known as vacations!!!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
1. we bought a house in Loveland, OH
2. we close on the house 12/14
Sunday, November 18, 2007
I'm about to make an announcement about a change that I'm making in my personal life that has a high impact on not only my immediate family, but friends, co-workers, companies and the like. This announcement is bubbling up in me to come out. BUT, I have one more hurdle to cross (hopefully today) in order to make the announcement. Timing IS everything!
I've given this serious thought for the last 7 months. Our family has discussed it and agreed with the plan. My best friend and I have talked about the feasibility, timing, steps to complete to get there. Originally we were talking next summer. However, it's like a speeding train, once it's in motion it's quite a task to stop it.
You know when things are working out when all pieces of the puzzle fit together so nicely that you couldn't have planned it that way. That's what it's like. Call it Karma, call it kismet, call it divine intervention, call it whatever you want. But do understand that even I, the project manager of my life, could not have pulled all of this together (again!) without help from above.
I can tell you this much: I love my life, I love the people and friends in my life and no matter what has happened they have been there for me through thick and thin, successes and failures, happy and sad times. We've kept a positive outlook and been able to influence our situation for the common good - the "win-win" - in our lives.
Last Christmas, we pulled together to help a family in Cincinnati that I knew was in need. We provided presents, rent money, food, Christmas tree and decorations, AND LOTS OF EVERYTHING, all while I was lying in bed recovering from foot surgery. I found my friends to be very generous, caring, giving and loving. And I was NOT surprised. They are great friends!! All Blessed and sharing the Blessings!
I am fortunate. I don't have any regrets, I cherish the memories, I try to live life to the fullest and seize the moment! Carpe Diem! I hope to be able to share my announcement by Monday night. I think many of you will be surprised, even shocked perhaps. Some of you will just nod and know that it's the best decision for me. And others will think I'm crazy! And you know what - you'll all be right! I am crazy, I am excited, I am happy and it IS the best thing for me and my 'soon-to-be' hubby.
More to come…………………...
Friday, November 02, 2007
The old adage "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT", is a thing of the past. I can understand because honestly the customer is not always right. Oftentimes the customer needs to be 'guided' through a purchase process or even a repair process. I appreciate when I learn something from a CSR.
What are your experiences? I know that some places, if you are a support person, there are lots of stories of "dumb" people that call in. Especially in the computer field. You know some of the stories: My coffee cup holder is not working - it's really their CD drive. OR I don't see an 'any' key. and so on.
But what about from the consumer point of view? Do you have any funny stories about what a service person has said to you? Some "dumb" question they asked that was obvious? Please share! I'd love to hear from you!
Thursday, November 01, 2007
1. things are getting back to 'normal' in San Diego. I base this on the fact that it took me more than 35 minutes just to get onto the 805 north yesterday afterwork from my office. My office is less than 1 1/2 miles. Then after I got on the 805, it took me OVER 1 hr to get home. The total trip is 35 miles, takes me without heavy traffic about 35-40 min; total yesterday 1 hr and 45 minutes!!
2. work is good - I am appreciated at least. I got a Magellon GPS system for my car as a present yesterday! nice.
3. Hillary Clinton changes her mind in the middle of a sentence. But I have to say: IF YOU LIKE GW BUSH, YOU'LL LOVE HILLARY! God help us all!!
4. 11 illegals are in the hospital in San Diego, burned by the fires. I'm proud of our workers for sending them to the burn center, but I worry about who is going ot absorb the costs - could exceed $1.5 Million!! Oy!!
5. Drivers Licenses to Illegals............glad I don't live in NY State
6. My hubby is WONDERFUL, he made me homemade (from scratch) brownies and pumpkin/cranberry bars for my company halloween party yesterday. Everyone loved them and thanked him. I love him and thank him :)
7. Going to Cincinnati for a quick trip next week. I have some personal business to attend to, quick in and quick out!
8. Had a disturbing dream that I was a waitress again; my first day I had an entire restaurant full of tables to wait on - it was CRAZY!! Ever since I had the dream, Tamara has had too many tables at work and been busier than she normally is. Eeek!
9. We're hiring a program manager at work. That will totally help out! I will be more than happy to hand off the work!
10. My family is doing great! Jake and Michelle had their first anniversary; Beka and Jack are figuring things out and it seems to be working; Tamara is still happier than ever and Roland and I are getting closer to our wedding!!! (sorry, still no date)
11. how crazy is this??? In one week, I got 2 letters from different companies telling me that my identity was compromised by their lack of ability to protect it. What is up with that? I'm starting a company that will consult to companies to teach them not to put personal information of their customers/clients/etc. on some fools laptop who leaves it in their car in plain site at the frickin' mall. Good thing I'm on top of my stuff and have already planned ahead. Geez!
that's it for now, gotta eat this fantastic dinner that has been so lovingly prepared for me!