Monday, October 04, 2004

Loving my friends

Friends

It's so nice to have friends at work :) Over the past several years, I kept a distance avoiding the personal interaction with my coworkers. As a leader in the organization, I have attended all functions - promoting attendance among my team, but still tried to keep my personal life separate from my business life. However, that's changing and it's really ok. I have made some good friends here and am comfortable with them outside of work. I think the deciding factor is that they work as hard as I do - I have a great deal of respect for creativity and hard work.

My friends outside of work are great! They have been my friends for a long, long time. One of them since kindegarten, one since 7th grade and one since my first child was born! basically FOREVER!! We have stuck it out through thick and thin, good and bad, various boys that we've known, careers paths gone wrong and right, and kids: plenty of children's escapades! We can NOT say a word, but with that say volumes, that's a true friend.

So, thanks to all of you! I know you'll be reading this because I'm gonna send out an email announcing it to everyone!

No comments: