Sunday, October 03, 2004

My First Blog

Hi, my friend has a blog and it seemed like so much fun that I thought I'd start one too! Hers is about fashion, but I'm not quite the fashion aficionado, in fact, quite the opposite :) But we do share some things in common, including our careers. We are both web project managers, we both specialize in the interactive marketing aspect, but she concentrates mainly on usability and I concentrate on implementation.

Today is a fun day, because I started my website (it's very basic right now) and this blog.

It's been a fun last couple of weeks even though we had some incredible deadlines. A coworker had a candle party a couple of Friday's ago and afterwards we went to a new restaurant premier, The Restaurant. StylePhyle and I met Jimmy Gherardi for the first time! It was thrilling! We had a great time, great food and wine plus wonderful company, what else can you ask for?! I had the chance to sit down with him and his wife and discuss my favorite topic: work! And ever since that night, my boring-mundane life has not been the same!!

I've been to Main Street Ventures networking event this past Wednesday in Cincinnati at Club Clau. I've never been to Club Clau, so it was an adventure. I met lots of new people and ran into some that I already know, like the technology editor for the Cincinnati Business Courier and one of my friends that is a Walnut Hills graduate, too! It was fantastic!! The food was even being catered by Jimmy, how coincidental is that?! It's been a long time since I went to any networking events in the city and I missed it sooo much.

Then StylePhyle's birthday followed in a couple of days. And after another long day at work, it was another fun night out, meeting new people and going to the The Restaurant for dinner! That was interesting! Again great food, great company and yummy wines! I am loving it!! I can't wait to see what happens next.