Sunday, October 10, 2004

"Fun-day"

football, cooking and fun!

What a "fun-day"! Went to a friend's garden and picked mustard greens, collard greens and 2 types of kale. It all looks so good and fresh! After that we stopped by to see a couple that I've known forever! I went to grade school with her and then high school with both of them. In fact, I lost track of them and a mutual friend (we all went to high school together) would see them all the time. I didn't even know they knew each other, dated or got married!! I have been wanting to stop to see her for the longest time, but it never seemed to work out. But today was the day :) It was fun, she looked the same and sounded the same after all these years. (and it's a long time since we've seen each other, believe me!)

Then we hung out for a little while, before I had to get going, more errands to run! It's a beautiful day, so I wanted to get rid of a few more things. I had boxes of book in my car, so that was important to get them out of the car. When I got home, I started cooking the greens. The second batch is in the steamer right now! Plus I have everything ready to make sushi, just waiting for the shrimp to arrive to build them. Gonna make California Rolls, should be pretty good. I hope I remember all the steps from Wed night.

I've really done good getting rid of my extraneous stuff. I have a car load ready to go, and I have more closets to clean out. But I am definitely making headway. The guy at St. Vincent de Paul was thrilled to get my old stereo, dvd player, and 5-disc CD changer. Made me wonder if he would just buy it...why not! It would make sense to me, if I was working at that sort of place, I would want to be able to buy some of the nicer items before they hit the floor.

Anyway, it's been a long weekend for me, I took Friday off to work on the house. I'm really glad I did, I just needed a break and I didn't do any work over the weekend for work :) That's wonderful to me. It was a much needed break!

I'm off for now....gotta get some laundry done! Wow! what a day :)

No comments: