Monday, November 01, 2004

Trick or Treat!!

Kids come a-begging!

Halloween. Time for ghosts and goblins to run through the neighborhood looking for treats. I rarely get a good turnout. There aren't as many kids on my street as there used to be, especially little kids. And let's face it, they are the cutest, aren't they? So I give them the most :) I give them candy bars and suckers and anything else that I have in the bowl. The teens are fun because I know some of them. And they travel in large groups so that's fun for them. I'm glad they still go out and trick or treat. The longer they can stay kids and enjoy kid-things, the better off they are.

I handed out candy bars, tootsie roll pops, gum and M&Ms. The kids were happy to get my treats and they were so cute. There was a princess, spiderman, skeleton, fairie, Bengals football player, and many more. All so cute and polite. Full of energy.

My kids are older teens and don't trick or treat anymore. They attended Halloween parties over the weekend. Then on Sunday, my daughter helped pass out candy with some friends and my son attended a function at church. So, they are pretty much on their own and enjoying the season their own way.

It's nice to be at this point in my life, where my kids are less dependent on me and more independent and becoming self-sufficient. I'm pleased with the way things are working out - although, not perfect, it's working for us. I'm proud of them :)

Happy Halloween! And now here comes the fast-lane to the holidays!

No comments: