Monday, November 08, 2004

TGI Monday???

Monday's can be good days too :)

Well, it's a Monday and I would have never suspected that it could be such a good day, but lo and behold it was! I had the opportunity to do one of my favorite things this morning, and that's meet with clients. It's nice to hear good feedback and to know that I can help them with their project needs. Plus, I feel the relationships are good so that's really what it's all about.

I met someone new today, a real team player. He is all about the relationships too. We talked about how the relationships really are the key to building business. Oftentimes, projects come from small building blocks, so if you don't mind starting out small with some companies, they appreciate it and come back with more and more. I've seen it happen all too many times. I've built upon each win over the years and learned from both the wins and losses.

I had a mentor years ago that taught me to give people what they wanted and in return, I would also get what I wanted. The philosophy was hard to understand at first, but then by putting it into practice, I began to see the pay-offs. And today, after many years of putting others needs first, I have not been disappointed in having my needs met. It's great!

So today, I would like to tip my hat to my great mentor, Lenny, oh so many years ago! Thanks Lenny, your advice was timeless!!

No comments: