Thursday, November 04, 2004

My Daughter, the Senior

It's a great adventure!

Well, we're getting there. It's my daughter's senior year and we're quickly approaching mid year. It's been quite a journey. She's a wonderful young woman, very opinionated, very smart and very attractive. She has lots of friends and her teachers like her, her boss likes her and everyone that comes into contact with her likes her. I don't think that she realizes how smart she really is.

Tonight we had her senior portraits taken. It was fun to watch her be nervous while we were at home fixing her hair. Then at the photographers, she was fixing her hair while getting ready. She changed into many outfits and seemed to enjoy it. The photographer took about 24 or 25 poses including school portrait. We will see the results in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to have the prints back in time for Christmas.

But then there's the time that we got to spend together. I wouldn't trade it for anything. She and I had time alone in the car driving to the mall and then to the photographers. It gave us time to talk and enjoy each other's company. It's been harder as she's gotten older to get time with her and the time is just as important now as it was when she was younger. I miss the large amount of time with her now, but it's part of life. What it actually makes me do is cherish every moment that I do have with her.

Well, gotta get ready for work tomorrow! TGIF Tomorrow!!!

No comments: