Sunday, November 07, 2004

A Postive Attitude

Will Get You Through!

There are times when everything looks gray or dark and I get a feeling of hopelessness. I know everyone feels that way from time to time. I do not get that way too often, things in my life seem pretty normal with a few exceptions. The good thing is when I get like that, I really try to find the positive in every situation to make the best of it or to help lift my spirits. I know that God is helping me when I'm in those situations. He picks me up and carries me through life's fires.

When I was younger, I always thought that I had to "make a deal" with God - you know, what I mean....it goes something like: "God, if you get me out of this, then I'll never do it or that or whatever again." The thing that I came to realize is that God's Will is really what's best for us, so when in those tough spots, because I still have them, I have learned to pray differently and ask that God's Will be done so I can learn the lessons put before me and that God lifts me up and carries me through it. Just making the focus on God's correction and growth has made all the difference in my life.

I still face tough decisions and make plently of mistakes, oh boy, do I ever!! But at least when I do I am able to take the responsibility for what I have done, accept the lessons, and learn from them. I guess this is both patience and wisdom. Both things I have prayed to receive in my life. I know I'm not "done" but I'm well on my way. My goal is to make mistakes that have less impact and to try to learn from the lessons to not repeat those mistakes.

A positive attitude is very important in every day life. This attitude comes directly from the heart. It is the one thing that gets me through life's challenges. Then when I am not being challenged, a positive attitude allows me to enjoy life and all situations.

I pray for you to have a positive attitude, trust God and learn your lessons wisely.

No comments: