Friday, March 02, 2007

TGIF!!

I have had quite a week - dealing with being burglarized, safeguarding my home as much as we can, using a loaner computer for a few hours, getting my stuff back, dealing with all sorts of work challenges, projects, issues and it's FRIDAY!! Still have more work to do, but it's okay. I left work a little early today, got a breather - much needed!

Today one of my friends at work commented that even though so many things happened to me this week, I am pretty calm. I try really hard to take things in stride, have a positive outlook and keep it real. Sometimes I do freak out, I get a little high strung, and I think I'm kind of bitchy from time to time. But my friend said that if this is how I freak out, then I'm really calm and fine. :) Glad to hear that I'm not as bad as I think I can be.

We are getting a dog this weekend, or at least I hope so. I have a line on 2 Jack Russell Terriers for him and I'm trying to pick up a chihuahua for myself. We'll rescue both of them. I want to get them from someone that loves them but for whatever reason can't keep them. I've been there with Thor and I understand the guilt - fortunately, I found someone to take him. But I really miss him still. And I think that if he was here he would have torn up the people that broke in - he sure would have scare the shit out of them.

Not that the new dog will scare the shit of someone like Thor - Thor was nice and big, 135 lbs BIG!! German Shepherd / Rottweiler mix - looked more shepherd. But he was the sweetest dog with a great personality. I loved him so much. I hope he's still ok.

Well, I'll post pics if we get a new little guy or girl.

Watched an epidsode of the Dog Whisperer. He's pretty cool. I happened to see an episode about a Maltese that was dominating her owner. I learned pretty much in a few minutes. Sweet! I'll keep watching and learning what I can. I want to have a happy, healthy relationship with a dog in our house.


"Here's all you need to know about men and women: Women are crazy, and men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."

-- George Carlin

1 comment:

silentsurfur said...

Hey I just want to say thank you for visiting my sites and commenting on them.....

Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that
stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness
that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow delightful
conditions, all heavenly environment; of these if you but remain
true to them, your world will at last be built

- James Allen

Silentsurfur