Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Adventures of Rusty...

I have to admit, this is fun having a younger dog. I always seemed to rescue or inherit older dogs in the past, forgetting the energy level, the curiosity and the adventurous spirit that puppies have. Even though Rusty is "about" 10 months old, he's very much the pup. And this morning was no different than any other day in the Adventures of Rusty!!

After his breakfast this morning, I headed back upstairs to straighten up and bit and just hang out in my glorious sunroom. I was curled up in the papasan chair and decided that he was being too quiet, not his usual racing up and down the steps, flying through the hallways and trying to get me to come downstairs. In fact, it was eerily quiet..........hmmm.

Meanwhile, my honey had been to the store to pick up milk for breakfast - are you like me and ALWAYS forget at least ONE thing at the grocery store? Anyway, he tossed my Sunday paper on the couch and left.

Ah the joys of paper, plastic bags and unraveling the front page from the local from the sports sections....the glossy paper ads, the fun of seeing how tiny the shreds can be. Yes, that's it, Rusty pulled the paper out of the plastic bag by destroying the bag then proceeded to tear up my paper into teeny, tiny little pieces. But at least he kept them all in a nice pile on the couch!! He was having a hey-day!! Fun to no end!!

So, this morning, I got to read only the stories that were near the fold of the paper! He totally cracks me up.

LESSON LEARNED - HE LOVES TO TEAR UP PAPERS, SO WHY DID I BUY A SHREADER!??
"Here's all you need to know about men and women: Women are crazy, and men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."

-- George Carlin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Found your site through MyBlogLog... love your Rusty posts!!