Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"REAL" pictures on blogs

Hi, one of my fellow "MyBlogLog"-ers commented on one of my entries earlier today about how people represent who they are. You see, on MyBlogLog, members post their pictures and then screen shots of their blogs plus write descriptions of their blogs. The goal is for people to sign up as readers to the blogs.

There are pictures people put on their blogs or put up to represent who they are. There are tons of "beautiful" people in the pictures to identify the blog/site owner to the real person behind the computer. The real question is "are the people who they say they are"?

Well, I wonder that same thing when I look at some of the pictures. But, really, living in SoCAL, I see tons of "beautiful" people all the time. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the plastic surgeons, maybe it's both, but SoCAL is famous for famous "BEAUTIFUL" people.

In my case, I am who I am....I represent myself honestly because I wouldn't know how to do anything else. Look, to some people my life is totally boring, to some people my writing is terrible. but to others it's interesting or fun or just "ok" because you are my friends. Some of you that read this are my friends, we know each other, we used to hang out or we do hang out. Some of you I don't know you personally, but we've chatted online. Some know me from MySpace. Some know me from MyBlogLog and some of you are my favorites - ANONYMOUS!!

No matter who is reading this, I will be myself. I show my face, the real face. I share pictures with everyone (look below at the wedding pics). I am honest, I have integrity. I treat this blog as an extension of myself. Whatever strikes me I write about. It's kind of like I talk to my friends. Same difference.

So, if I was going to use the statements above about REAL pics as a sociology study - I would say that in marketing some people thing that "innocent" lying is ok to a point. I say that if I have to lie to get people to read my blog then it's not worth it. But if people read it because I'm ME then it's so great!!

ENJOY!! and please keep the COMMENTS coming!

"Here's all you need to know about men and women: Women are crazy, and men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."

-- George Carlin

No comments: