Monday, February 19, 2007

got settled in......kind of

I took off time from work to unpack, organize and make room for the corvette in the garage. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - really!! We've been working hard getting the house together and trying to do it without spending alot of money in the process.

Spent about $250 and did some great bargain hunting: bought a bed, bookcase, rugs for the bathroom, rug for the living room and some misc. things. I am looking for suns & moons - especially because my favorite one got broken somewhere between my move from Cincy to this house (yep, I packed them up in Sept 2005 and haven't opened the box until this past Friday). I really want to find some fun suns for my sun room. I'll be out and about looking for great finds.

Roland has been cooking some great meals since we moved in homemade tacos, enchilados, spaghetti, breakfast burritos, and other assorted goodies for the girls. He loves to cook and we all love to eat. Speaking of eating, I am starting my diet. Have already lost 3 lbs. Hope to keep it going. Ever since my surgery, I haven't been able to walk and workout, gained about 9 lbs. Hope that I can get it off. I am going to start swimming, sit ups on exercise ball and various exercises with the ball. Hand weights, upper body and I found the other day some "CHAIR YOGA". I'm going to give it a try.

One other thing-I want to thank the people from mybloglog that are reading my blog. It's been an exciting couple weeks to see over 300 people have read my profile, a constant stream of folks that have read my blog and hopefully more will join my blog community.

Uh-oh - ONE MORE THING REALLY!!! Saw 3 movies in the last couple weekends - The Messengers, Hannibal Rising, and Ghost Rider. I know the critics weren't too nice to the first two, but I liked them; thought Hannibal Rising was good, well put together to match the Silence of the Lambs. The Messengers was interesting - the story had a twist. I like a good scary movie that is suspenseful and has a twist - this story had it. :) Ghost Rider was typical super hero, boy loves girl, can't have girl because he's a super hero - but he's a super hero that is in debt to Satan. A bit strange. But for the fun of it.

I'll post pics of the new place by the weekend. Have a great week at work!!

"Here's all you need to know about men and women: Women are crazy, and men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."

-- George Carlin

No comments: