Thursday, December 28, 2006

House Hunting

It's hard for me to rest...

I am finding that I want to be on the go, more and more but I can't. It's so hard for me to rest, keep my foot up and stay off of it!! I always think I have so much to do, especially right now. It's a week that he's off work, so I have a ride to places I need to go to, for one. Another thing is that we have to move in Feb, and that's not too far off - we have to start looking now to find the right place! Plus, when a GREAT deal comes along I don't want to lose out! Tamara is coming, so we have to make room :)

We were going to try to find something in the same price range. Man, it was challenging - but I did it - I found the PERFECT townhome - 2 big bdrms, 1.5 bath, 1 car garage with washer/dryer hookup in a complex with a pool and a jacuzzi. $1100 - SWEET!!

But then.... there's always a catch isn't there???? .....he decided that we really need a 2 car garage. So we looked at a couple of those this morning - not too far from where we live now and to be honest - wow!! They were BEAUTIFUL - 1275 sq ft! 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, 2 car garage, super large patio, eat-in kitchen, big living room with vaulted ceiling and fireplace, washer/dryer hookup, lots of storage space and lots of windows. The rent was more than what we originally wanted to spend, $1477/month, but we get so much more. The other catch with this place is they require the first lease to be a 6-8 month lease, which is ok, except at that time they can raise the rent!! Plus, then they will offer the 12-month lease with the possibility of the higher rent. The reason they want to do that is so that the lease will run out in the summer, easier time to rent than end of the year/first of the year. I'm not too keen on this.....

Now, keeping in mind that the new requirement is a 2 car garage instead of just a garage (and I should explain - garages here are VERY small - only a car fits in them, no room on the side except to get out and in, no room for extra storage and no room to work on them) I did a search on my favorite utility - www.craigslist.com - everyone uses it here in San Diego. The first place I found I think is it!!

Tri-Level Townhome - 1500 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, sunroom, 2 car garage, washer/dryer, pool and jacuzzi in common area, patio, yard, living room, dining room, kitchen. It sounded very very nice plus the rental agent sounded even nicer. I really want it and we haven't even seen it. The location is great, close for everyone to get to work, school, shopping, and dialysis. We're gonna see it on Sat morning, first thing - we were the first one's to call, so I hope we get the first shot at it. She said we would.

We have to pay a partial month's rent in Feb here, a deposit and full month rent when we move into the other place Feb 1, so for 17 days we will be paying double rent. I guess it's just the way it goes. My guess is the rent will be $728 for the 17 days in Feb, but the good part is, we can start moving into the other place on the 1st and have 2 weeks to get things moved in and settled, like we can get the kitchen set up, our clothes in the closets, the bathrooms set up, everything in my garage can get into the other place and most of it can be unpacked - FINALLY!! I'm really happy because I believe I'm gonna be in a nice home for our duration of our stay in California. YIPPEE!!

Well, I am asking for anything that you think will help us be certain that we get JUST THE RIGHT PLACE. Crossing Fingers, Saying Prayers, Burning Candles, Repeating Mantras, ANYTHING....just so we get led to the RIGHT PLACE FOR US!!

thanks!!
"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure."

-- Colin Powell

No comments: