Wednesday, January 10, 2007

worked from home today

Still don't know why, but my foot is so swollen that I can't put any weight on it. It's a total bummer, so I worked from home today, but would have preferred to be in the office. I know my presence is required, sure makes life a little easier. I managed to shower, do the toe exercises the Dr. suggested and walked around the apt a little, but that's about it. BUMMER! Hoping tomorrow will be another day of less pain!!

I am hunting for a bed for Tamara's room, have plenty of time to find one - need it after Feb 5th when we have the keys to the new place. I'm trying to get rid of stuff that we don't need to move that we don't use. Including my stereo. I would like a small unit - something that uses my iPod as the music input, like the Bose system. I'm going to look around and try to come up with something like that. Then I guess I'll buy my music from the iTunes store.

Hoping to move into the new place the weekend of 2/10. Some of our Marine friend's are going to help us, so I have to be sure they know the date. I'm going to supply beer and food for them! And a truck that we have to rent from UHaul, I guess. It's going to be a good time getting moved in and settled into our new digs. I'm going to hang everything on the walls, unpack everything I brought from Cincinnati-some of it I haven't laid eyes on since I packed it "oh so long ago"! I didn't keep much, but the things I did keep had special meaning to me.

I'll post pics of the new place when I can get in there to take them.

If you can pray for my foot, I would appreciate it. I have two prayer requests: the immediate - swelling and pain to decrease quickly, long-term - that the "memory" in the cells is forgotten and it doesn't try to go back to it's old self. turning inwards.

take care, more later. Should I post pictures of my foot? I'm still afraid it might gross people out.

No comments: