Saturday, January 20, 2007

The weekend is here

I'm so glad that it's the weekend. It's been tough going to work with my foot hurting. But I made it an entire week, I stayed all day every day and that's whats important. I tackled some big projects, got quite a bit done and am well on my way to leading a few teams to successful delivery. I have some hard deadlines to meet and some of the teams are VERY hard to "herd" - but I will drive drive drive if I need to!!

The one thing that's fun for me over the weekend is that I use my DVR and record many of my favorite TV shows and then watch them early Sat morning, while he's doing laundry. Of course, once we move, the laundry will be in the garage and can be done as needed :) but until then, he's been going by himself because of my foot. He does a great job, so I don't fear everything coming home "pink"!!!

Speaking of my foot, it continues to "look" better, but of course I can't see inside. But I believe that whatever is going on inside my foot will be reflected outside. So, I'm being very optimistic, claiming the healing and waiting to see what happens when I go to the Dr. Wednesday. I would like to be told that it's "all good" and I can soak my foot or something to help ease the pain in my big toe joint. You would think that I'm used to it, since it always hurt before the surgery and I walked on it anyway. But not now, I am still following EVERYTHING the surgeon said to do because I want to come out of this with a wonderful looking and functioning foot. :)

We have no big plans for the weekend: running out to the farmer's market, taking Tamara out to fill out applications, get a Rx filled, cook ham and bean soup with cornbread, watch football, keep packing boxes. Pretty soon the apt will be full of packed boxes!!! All ready to move out starting 2/5. Geez, it seems so far away but I know that it's not.

Hope you have a great weekend!


"Here's all you need to know about men and women: Women are crazy, and men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."

-- George Carlin

No comments: