Monday, October 31, 2005

Job interview results

still waiting to hear

Today's the day, I wish they would just call and let me know. Certainly by now they have made a decision. I guess I'm very anxious, I need to get working so I can quit worrying about running out of money. I did plan to live for a while on my savings, but I would prefer to not use it all. You never know what I'll need and when I'll need it. A job would be great.

I keep looking on the job boards and everything is on the west coast, quite a drive for me, at least 3 hrs each way. So I have to realize that I am not going to find exactly what I want, but if I can find a job that is decent - I will be satisfied for the time being. I'm contacting recruiters in the area and tomorrow am going to start hitting on the consulting firms around town. It would be so much easier if I knew someone out here in the industry. Someone that could point me in the right direction. I've tried all the things I know, now I guess I just have to wait.

I'm not good at the waiting. Especially when I don't have anything to do except think about not working and wanting a paycheck.

It's nice when he gets home from work, then I have something to do. We have a great time and I don't regret a thing - I don't regret moving here, I don't regret walking away from the familiar and safe. Now that I'm here, I'm glad. I just have to realize that to be successful, I have to plug away, consistently job seeking, asking, applying, interviewing, and the right position will come my way.

I wish I knew enough people to start my own web consulting firm. I don't have any contacts. Don't you think that I need to know SOMEONE??? Maybe I don't. I need advice..........please help me if you have ideas or can tell me that I can do it and how.

No comments: