Friday, February 25, 2005

On the mend

Recuperating just fine!

I have the best friends. I know I've said it before, but it's worth saying again and again. I have the best friends. Kat's had such a busy week, lots of projects going, her son has been sick, she's had her hands full. Today, she surprised me by offering to bring dinner to help out while I'm recuperating. She's going to be here in about 3 hours or so. I just am so touched by her kindness and thoughtfulness with the kind of week she's had.

Sherry's coming over tomorrow, we're going out to dinner. She was thinking of coming tonight, but she's whipped, so tomorrow it is. That's ok, with Kat coming, it will be fine. I have the best friends.

Today I'm feeling better. I couldn't have gone to work, that's for sure. Couldn't even drive until after 10am, I did drive to the high school this morning, but I came straight home and believe me, it was enough just doing that. I came home and rested some more. I have gotten some good rest the last couple of days. I really needed it. So, even now, though I'm writing, I'm in my comfy couch, lounging and loving it!!

I had "rest and relaxation" issues until just a few years ago. I didn't know how to rest or relax and if I tried, I felt guilty as hell. I always thought that I had to be doing "something" - cleaning, cooking, laundry, working, nurturing, - "something", like I couldn't just STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES! Oh I could grow them, but not enjoy them. I wonder how many wonderful moments in my life that I missed out on by not stopping long enough to even see them.

Well, as it turns out, I finally decided that I work too much and still do, but that when I take time off to relax that I was going to do just that. So, now I enjoy relaxing without the guilt. It's so great.

And wow, I also realized that if the house isn't spotless, who really cares? who will remember in 5 years that on that certain particular day the house wasn't clean and I relaxed. hmmm. But 5 years from now, I will remember the moments in life where I enjoyed myself and savored my time by relaxing. And today is one of those days in my memories. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! it's wonderful.

So, in the spirit of things, I'm ok, I'm resting and relaxing and someone else is cooking for me :) I have the best friends.

No comments: