Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's the "Little Things"

Losing my job has ended up being the most wonderful experience! I'm not frantic, I'm not freaking out, in fact, my friends have been so supportive. And I don't mean only my long-time friends from Cincinnati...who I love dearly. But I mean my NEW co-workers and friends that I just worked with for the past year. They have been calling me, telling me how much they enjoyed working with me, how much I'm missed in the organization, passing my resume around, giving me great references, encouraging me, saying some of the nicest things that I have heard!! So THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

It's great to have worked with all of them. A very nice group of people, hard-working, ethical, respectful of each other's experiences, great sense of humor, great technologists. I'm very happy to have known them, worked with them and hope to continue to have a relationship with them moving forward.

It's a crazy week, I have to do all sorts of things to get ready for interviews, plus tons of phone calls, research, job searches, phone interviews, Dr's (gotta spend the flex money THIS WEEK!), making plans, lots of little details to take care of. Went to the salon yesterday, a new place to me, Detour Salon in Encinitas, Jessica was my hairdresser. She did an excellent job, I love my hair!! Then off to the chiropractor this morning, ophthalmologist tomorrow morning, ordering new sunglasses tomorrow afternoon. Have to spend it all by FRIDAY!! Eecckk!!

But overall, I hope to have some time to go to the beach, take the dog to the dog park, hit the gym, do some walking, and just enjoy a little time off. I hope to start working around beginning of May, but after my friend visits, so May 9th........unless something really great comes along and they need me right away AND they pay me REALLY well, then I'll go back a little earlier.

And hey, I found this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt today - IT'S PERFECT FOR ME!! Isn't it the truth??? Gotta run, have a phone interview to get ready for..........:)

"Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!"
--- Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: