Tuesday, April 18, 2006

House Hunting in San Diego

STICKER SHOCK TO THE EXTREME!!

Welcome to Southern California! The houses are small, cute, spanish, with tiny yards, very close to your neighbors and some houses actually touch the neighbors' house. Most houses are newer houses and it's rare to find a house older than the 70's. I did find one to look at that was from the 30's. I can imagine the yard is decent and the house is probably very cool.

I've also learned that it's not the house that is so expensive, it's merely buying the land. I priced a double wide mobile home and it was $300,000 because it included the land. Now, I am not sure about you, but it doesn't take much land for a double wide to call home, and a double wide in Cincinnati would run you about $80K-100K so now you see what I'm up against!

We're going to keep our eye out. Hoping the housing market cools enough for us to get a great deal. Or maybe we can find a distressed seller or a foreclosed property. I'm just hoping, I just can't imagine making $2200/month house payments!! Wow! Cincinnati spoiled me!

No comments: