Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Don't Blink....

I ran across this quote today in one of my email newsletters that I get regularly:
"It is a funny thing about life -- if you refuse to accept anything but the best you very often get it."
-- Somerset Maugham
I just kind of looked at it this morning and glazed over it, but by the end of the day, it had a meaning to me that was actually much deeper than I expected.

Here I am, even though things didn't work out on the job front EXACTLY how I expected, I did arrive here in California, expecting to be treated better than I ever have been. I did expect to be loved in such a deep and awesome way. I did expect that some things would be tough, but it would be worthwhile. I did expect the very best and I GOT EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED!!

And today was no different than any other day. He got his orders to move to southern California!! Can you believe it? I haven't told anyone at work because I'm not quite ready to give up the position or the pay. Besides, I'm already doing so great and I am loving all of the NEW things I'm learning.

So, now our new life will be preparing to move to so. CA. So, that means a new job, a new place to live and money to do all of this. YIKES! I expect to get a GREAT job - good benefits, great company culture and excellent pay - the best job ever!! I also expect to find a fantastic place to live, on the first floor, view of the ocean, priced fairly and the best place to live!!

I expect to have an excellent life, the best ever, even better than I can imagine. All of this would be great!! And if this quote is correct and I believe it is, it's time to have HIGH expecctations of the VERY BEST of everything!!

I will trust in God as we walk this road. It's full of unknowns to us, but not to God. He knows what is in store for me and what is in store for us. He knows what is going to happen and I will continue to say "hang on and keep on trucking, because God has a plan and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next!" He's never let me down yet!!


1 comment:

Joe Wessels said...

That's aweseome, Peg. Though So-Cal (as it is so affectionately called) is no Nor-Cal (as it is so often called), it sure beats the Inland Empire - and with a big 'ole stick.

As for finding cheap housing - I think you might be about 35 years too late for that... But good luck. You'll love it. And you will find a much better job, I'm sure, in that bigger, vaster economy.... I think I want to move back to California so bad it hurts right now. And your Blog ain't helpin'.