Sunday, March 26, 2006

Santa Monica, LA and Beka's trip day 2

Santa Monica Pier

We went to Santa Monica Pier - it was so cool. Lots of fun things to do, lots of people meandering around, people in the ocean - brrr, a little too cold for us, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., street people, homeless people, entertainers performing for dollars - you know singing, juggling, telling jokes, and so on, street vendors selling all sort of clothes, hats, and so on! It was so much fun.....we bought some fun clothes, and Beka bought me a PINK Cowboy hat!! It will be fun to wear that this summer - keep the sun off of my head - you know, protection from harmful UV rays...hehe!!

We checked out the amusement rides where the kids play and watched some of the kids. They were having such a great time. I was watching them and remembering what it was like when my kids were small and riding the rides at Kings Island or some of the rides at carnivals and festivals. I totally enjoyed those years with them. I so loved watching them have fun, laughing and enjoying themselves.

We went to the Getty Museum before going to the pier. It was my idea, but I thought she'd enjoy the view of LA from there. And she did!! It was fabulous! I know I enjoyed it more than she did, but it was a wonderful time. Kind of cold and windy that day.

I'm going there again next Thursday-on our way back from Lemoore with my honey!! We are taking the day off and will be driving through LA around noon or so. Perfect to stop by and check it out. I'll write more later, it's going to be one of those places that I will want to go to time and time again. I wish it was closer to my house - not 2 hrs away. :(

Check out our pics of Santa Monica, to the right.........the Flickr Photo Stamp.

Cya!


"Now this is not the end.
It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

--- Sir Winston Churchill, November 1942

No comments: