Saturday, March 04, 2006

garden centers

we visited them all

We got to spend the day together on Friday. He had a dr. appointment in San Marcos with a new dr. I wanted to go so I could size up the service - this time for my insurance. Kaiser or Pacificare. Those are my choices. I'm learning that Pacificare is a United Healthcare Company and I've had UHC before in Cincinnati. I really liked their plan pretty much.

He's had both companies and is suggesting that in so CA I choose Kaiser for the time being. I can always change it at some point in the future if I want to do so. I'll read a little more about Pacificare and decide.

It's just the strange - you know, I still don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing - the insurance company, owns the hospitals, pharmacies, health care facilities, employs the admin staff, nurses, doctors, etc. Therefore, you have only choices within the "company" instead of a network. I don't know, I don't get it and it just sounds like controlled health care plan or something. I don't know. I'll let you know how I like it. or not!!

Anyway, we went to his favorite grower. He wanted to buy some flowers, so he bought three fuchias and bought me a varigated vinca. Then we hit Lowe's and Home Depot, trying to find the planters he's interested in and I got some coconut lined baskets for some of my plants, bought some herbs and some tomatoes for containers. I hope to have them be very fruitful. I'm also hoping the other plants end up big enough to create a barrier from the noise from these kids that play outside of my apartment. They have a training tool for baseball, use an aluminum bat, hit the ball that then wraps around the tree and they just hit the ball - ping ... ping ... ping ... ping - over and over again!! And they live in another building in the complex, they don't even live in my building. GO HOME!! I like to keep my windows open and the noise is annoying.

Back to our day - we went to see Bruce Willis in 16 Blocks. I really liked it, human interest story, bad cops, lots of bad people but the story shows that people do change if they want to make the effort. I highly recommend it. Mosdef was very entertaining. They were a good team.

They installed our burglar alarm today and that really got me. They left my house in a shambles. They didn't clean up at all, I had to come home and clean every room! Big hunks of cat5 all over the house and pieces of carpet, the place was a mess. I don't get it. I spent the better part of an hour cleaning up their mess.

Well, I"m tired, going to hit the rack.

No comments: