Sunday, July 16, 2006

Root Canal

Day 1 and Day 2

Went to the dentist on Friday to get this damned root canal. I'm all geared up for it. I get dropped off, get some 3-D x-rays and then find out that I'm not getting the procedure! The dentist is running behind and she won't have time to do it on Friday........SHIT! Second day in a row that I'm all ready. Of course, the first time was my mistake. But I have work to do - you know.

Anyway, they ask me to come back Saturday morning.

OK

Saturday morning, I arrive and before you know it, I'm in the chair and things are moving along. I am thinking she's doing a pretty good job. I mean, she's quick, she seems pretty throrough, tells me to hang in there, if it hurts raise my left hand. I only raised it a time or two. Everything seems pretty good. Then all of a sudden, wow! She hits 'THE SPOT" and it hurts like HELL!! Supposedly, she got the root and all is well.

The temp filling was put in and it was on to tooth #2. This one was a double root, lots of pushing, deep roots, more lidocaine, and again it sucked. I guess there's nothing fun about a root canal. Nothing at all.

But the procedure didn't take too long. The lidocaine wore off pretty quickly. She gave me a 'super dooper' advil and sent me out the door with my instructions. Typical instructions - rinse 2-3 times a day with warm salt water, eat carefully what I feel like eating just no nuts, sticky, etc., expect to feel crappy for 2-7 days but up to 14 days.

The thing is the upper tooth is sore, where she pushed on it, drilling the root out. Ok I expect that kind of soreness. BUT THE LOWER TOOTH IS FUCKING KILLING ME! It hurts just with a touch of my tongue. I think there's something wrong, I don't think that this is the normal. My tooth is hurting worse now than before I went to the dentist.

So now tomorrow, I have to go to work, tough it out until I can get back to the dentist. I can only eat liquid stuff: jello, pudding, mashed potatoes, creamed soup, milkshakes, stuff like that.

We'll see how day 3 is!!!!!!!!!1

No comments: