Friday, August 18, 2006

trying to keep up with old friends

In some way it's kind of hard to keep up with everyone. You have to budget time to write emails, letters, blog, text, IM and make phone calls. Maybe it's so hard because there are too many ways to communicate! I have lots of friends and I try to get to everyone in one way or the other. It just doesn't always work out.

I do try, I check my email often throughout the day and I try to answer it pretty quickly. I still get asked if I know other professionals for job opportunities and mostly in Cincinnati, not in So Cali. Then I try to keep up with what's going on in Cincinnati, I even listen to radio stations there so I can hear the news from time to time. The problem with that is I get homesick and kind of bitchy - hehe! Shame on me!

But now that I've been here in San Diego for 6 months, I'm making some friends - at work and in my apartment complex - so I'm starting to accept invitations to outings and parties. I know that it's healthy for me to socialize, it's how I am. I've never been a person to just stay home all the time, although I like staying home, I also like to get out once in a while. I realize that my honey's health may prevent him from going with me all the time. But that's ok, if it's something that I really want to do, I will go. Afterall, I live in So Cali and want to experience as much as possible. I want to see as much as I can, do as much as I can.

So in this condundrum to communicate with my old friends, have a personal relationship, become more social, and have personal time to read, relax, swim, workout and then I have to support myself - so there's the ol' job! My time is spread thin, that's for sure.

The moral of the story is.....if I owe you a phone call, a letter, an email, an IM or a text message, I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can. I guess it's better than owing you money!!

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
- Robert Frost

No comments: