Sunday, July 24, 2005

Changes....

...going through them really fast!!

The changes are coming so fast now. I've emptied my closets, my attic, packed boxes to ship to California, am preparing to have a yard sale next weekend. I hope to make pretty much money and sell most of my stuff at my yard sale. I still have to clean out my basement this week coming up, but I just did a BIG clean-up last summer, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm at the point now where I need boxes. I can't pack anything else right now without them. So tomorrow, I'm going to get boxes for my stereo, some clothes, some kitchen pieces and other personal items. I hope nothing gets lost between here and California. It's cheaper to send everything USPS Media Mail and since it is media: books, CDs, DVDs, Printer, Pictures, Papers, then it makes sense to send it the cheapest way - all the boxes are pretty heavy and media mail is not that expensive, plus I need insurance on them. It will probably be about $100 to send the 6 boxes I have ready. By the time I'm done, I am going to guess that I will end up spending about $500 to ship everything, which isn't bad at all. Not compared to a truck rental, gas, insurance all about $5000! yikes! Then there would be the storage when I get there. It's just not worth it.

Hoping to have a job when I get out there, or at least, some prospects. I guess after I finish the house, finish the yard sale, and have time to relax, I can seriously search for a job. I have this impression that things will work out PERFECTLY!!!



No comments: