Sunday, November 18, 2007

Carpe Diem!! "Seize the Day"

I'm about to make an announcement about a change that I'm making in my personal life that has a high impact on not only my immediate family, but friends, co-workers, companies and the like. This announcement is bubbling up in me to come out. BUT, I have one more hurdle to cross (hopefully today) in order to make the announcement. Timing IS everything!


I've given this serious thought for the last 7 months. Our family has discussed it and agreed with the plan. My best friend and I have talked about the feasibility, timing, steps to complete to get there. Originally we were talking next summer. However, it's like a speeding train, once it's in motion it's quite a task to stop it.


You know when things are working out when all pieces of the puzzle fit together so nicely that you couldn't have planned it that way. That's what it's like. Call it Karma, call it kismet, call it divine intervention, call it whatever you want. But do understand that even I, the project manager of my life, could not have pulled all of this together (again!) without help from above.

I can tell you this much: I love my life, I love the people and friends in my life and no matter what has happened they have been there for me through thick and thin, successes and failures, happy and sad times. We've kept a positive outlook and been able to influence our situation for the common good - the "win-win" - in our lives.


Last Christmas, we pulled together to help a family in Cincinnati that I knew was in need. We provided presents, rent money, food, Christmas tree and decorations, AND LOTS OF EVERYTHING, all while I was lying in bed recovering from foot surgery. I found my friends to be very generous, caring, giving and loving. And I was NOT surprised. They are great friends!! All Blessed and sharing the Blessings!


I am fortunate. I don't have any regrets, I cherish the memories, I try to live life to the fullest and seize the moment! Carpe Diem! I hope to be able to share my announcement by Monday night. I think many of you will be surprised, even shocked perhaps. Some of you will just nod and know that it's the best decision for me. And others will think I'm crazy! And you know what - you'll all be right! I am crazy, I am excited, I am happy and it IS the best thing for me and my 'soon-to-be' hubby.


More to come…………………...



No comments: