Wednesday, August 03, 2005

LIfe is Good

everything is coming together!

I've waited for a long time in my life for everything to come together. I've worked really hard, went back to college and gotten it together on my career and have been very successful as a result. I've gotten it together on parenting, I've been a single-Mom off and on for 29 years. I didn't do everything perfect, but my kids have turned out great and are on the right path for their own successful lives. (well, maybe not my oldest daughter, but that's another story!!) I budget so I can afford a house, car, vacations, some of life's extras and save for retirement. I have learned to take better care of my health so I can live longer and happier with less complications. I eat better, I exercise more (finally) and I quit smoking 14 years ago, so it's as if I never smoked!! I don't do drugs, I drink socially and feel on top of my game!

The only part of my life that wasn't too great EVER was the relationship front. For the most part, I've always chosen guys that are "easy" to be with, not challenging to me at all. They were always behind me in maturity, career goals, personal acheivements, etc. I don't know why I chose them that way - maybe I needed the extra strokes to feel good about myself - who knows! I'm not a shrink and I'm not going to over-analyze myself!!

I do know that my guy in California is perfect for me! He was back in the day and is in this day!! I'm so happy to have him back in my life and to be planning a life with him. Then that will round out my successes in all areas of my life. He and I are putting together a nice life full of love and romance. We will be partners! The one thing that I NEVER had!! He's so wonderful.

He's coming to visit me on Saturday for a week! I can't wait. We do have quite a bit of things to do to the house to finish it for the sale, but in between working we are going to spend some quality time together. I have to work every day while he's here, so he'll work with one of my friends and the kids on getting the house done. He's going to teach my daughter how to do some simple maintenance to her car and just hang out getting to know the kids. He's great, I'm telling you!! I couldn't be happier!!

No comments: