Sunday, June 05, 2005

Busy Week

and VERY exciting!!

This week was a FANTASTIC week! My youngest daughter's high school graduation was the highlight of the week. I was so very proud of her as she marched across the stage accepting her diploma and congratulations from the principle and school board members. She is so smart and beautiful. I know she will go far in this world! It was great to be in the room with all these kids that I have known since grade school and watch them all in their first BIG step of success on the road of life.

We took lots of pictures and she was smiling sooooooo big! I thought she was doing a Crest White Strips commercial!!

One thing that did happen, I accidently dropped my camera and broke the battery door. I didn't think it would cost that much, but to my surprise my first repair quote was $195! Wow! I was taken back by that quote. So, I'm going to shop around a little to see if I can get it fixed cheaper than that. If I can't I am just going to use "good old ducktape"! Yep, ducktape. Why not? It's only a dollar for a roll vs. $195 for the repair. I love to spend money, but I'm not that crazy....

Then, I had another great thing happen! I have been on a job search and by the end of the week, I had accepted an offer! I'm giving my notice tonight via email, then will print out the letter and sign it when I get in the office tomorrow afternoon. I'm giving a 2-week notice, then off for vacation. I'll start my new job July 5th. I'm really looking forward to the new challenge. The company culture is one of independence with interdependence, plus respect for my skills, a spirit of sharing and support, entrepenuership with corporate support and is CLIENT FOCUSED! And NO OVERTIME unless I WANT IT!!! Everyone that I have met is wonderful. They love working there, so I know that I will too. It's everything that I desire in a company culture. I am really looking forward to the change. I've been extremely stressed at work for the last couple of years. I just can't continue down this path or I'll have a heart attack or something! I am so thankful that God opened this door for me and helped me through the process. I will miss my team and my clients very much. Although, I know that someone else on my team will take good care of them. I have a great team and I have enjoyed leading them, mentoring them and celebrating with them when we win new work. I thank them for being so great!!

Today, I was practicing my guitar and Guitarman was here listening to me. He complimented me on my smooth chord changes and how clear my chords sound. I've really practiced and continue to as much as I can every week. Now, I'm playing one song per week to learn it completely. Right now, I'm learning Beatles' songs and my song for last week was "Yesterday". This week's will be "Let It Be" and I already kind of know "The Fool on the Hill", so I'll finish that one too. I love it. I am finding that it's really relaxing and at the same time challenging to learn something new. I love to learn new things, so this has been a great outlet to me.

Can't wait to see what the next week delivers to me!!

No comments: