Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Presents

This year my husband and I are taking a new approach on gift-giving. Every year, we save money at every paycheck for Christmas presents. And every year, we spend all of it on Christmas, which is OK, that's what it's for. But, it just seems that there is so much "stuff" and too many "presents" for everyone.

So, this year, we are looking to make Christmas "simple". Simple gifts, that REALLY mean something to both the giver and receiver, that don't cost a ton of money, that will be remembered and hopefully will have sentimental value.

I don't have time to knit big presents for everyone, but I do have time to make some small items.

1. Hats for some friends - I've been asked to make baby hats for a couple of friends for their gift giving.
2. Leg warmers for my granddaughter that takes dance lessons. Makes sense :)
3. shawl/scarf for my daughter, for winter. Is both professional and attractive for work.
4. Dish clothes for everyone - durable, quick knits. have them mostly done.
5. New hats for my granddaughters - I'm looking at some really FUN patterns, with pompoms, colorful, and of course warm.

6. For my adult kids - I'm thinking zoo passes, museum passes, movie passes, the gift of music & movies for home viewing. Also, gift cert to a nice restaurant for a date night.

So, I'm making my list and checking it twice.....hope I can get it all done in only 40 more days :)

"...And in the end... The love you take is equal to the love you make." ---The Beatles
Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: