Monday, November 05, 2012

Election Day, Thank God it will be OVER!

I'm so relieved that tomorrow is finally election day. The non-stop ads on television, radio, internet sites, mailings and yard signs. The election season seems so long and slow.....it's kind of like waiting for Christmas to get here when you were a child. It seemed to take forever!!

The constant barrage of polls, negative ads, more polls, facebook and twitter posts, new polls, blogs, and opinion polls. I live in Ohio, so not only has the media splash been a drowning of ads, but the candidates and their families, celebrities, etc. been here almost every day. I suppose we are fortunate to get so much attention. Who knew Ohio would ALWAYS be the most important state?!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% in favor of our democratic process - I love voting and instill the passion for the process into my children. My family has been active in local level politics and I grew up knowing it is my civic duty.

But wouldn't it be nice to hear ads like:
1. I plan to do "specifics"
2. I believe in "specifics"
3. I will lead the country "specifically"

I know that once they are in office, they become privileged to information that may not enable them to execute their plans, but at least tell us what the plans are. Talk more about why I should cast my vote for a candidate instead of why I shouldn't cast it for the other one.  And this isn't just the presidential race, it's at every level of campaigning.

I'll be glad it's over.

"...And in the end... The love you take is equal to the love you make." ---The Beatles
Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: