Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is almost here. I always loved Mother's Day. I only had a Mom around, so it was great! Needless to say, Father's Day sucked.....But that's another story.

So ever since I can remember, Mother's Day was dinner out, a flower or plant for my Mom, a handmade card, generally something I made at school or church and just a great day, letting my Mom know how much I loved her.

For the last 33 years, I've been both a daughter and mother. And for the last 17 years, I've also been a grandma. My kids have always honored me on Mother's Day as I continued to honor my Mom until 1992 when my Mom passed away. So for the last 18 Mother's Days it's just been for me.

It doesn't mean I don't miss my Mom - if you read my blog you know that on occasion I write about her. So.......you know, I do miss her.  I miss her terribly. So another Mother's Day is here and now all of my kids have kids and now I get to honor them in a special way for being such good parents. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for them this year yet. Something.

And the good thing is that Father's Day doesn't quite suck so much now that I have Roland and Jake is a father. It's all coming around full circle.
"...And in the end The love you take is equal to the love you make." ---The Beatles
Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: