Wednesday, October 08, 2008

American's are grieving the economy and the devastation to their retirement/savings

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/16294/

this was VERY interesting - when I was in college 10 years ago (OMG! it was 10 yrs ago!!) I learned of the 5 stages of GRIEF: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Grief

When it comes to our economy, I think I'm at the anger stage, although the country is considered to be at the bargaining stage - but depression is next (and for all of you non-historians - it's not depression like recession vs depression - but depression like PROZAC!) and then I picture it to be GRIEF - like grieving over the loss of our wealth - not that I'm wealthy - but more like the loss of our 401K's.

If you're planning to retire sooner than 2018 all I can say is GOOD LUCK!! I doubt that you can and if you can, I'M JEALOUS!! I wish I could retire in 6 yrs but NO WAY now!


"...And in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make."

---The Beatles


Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: