Monday, October 06, 2008

10 days post surgery

I went back into the office today for the morning. It was quite the adventure. It took me over an hour just to get showered, dressed and ready. By the time I did all that, I was ready to go back to bed!!! But I went to the office, felt my normal self-cursing the stupid drivers on the road :) Just kidding! But I haven't had to deal with the stupid drivers in 10 days so it wasn't very pleasant.

But, getting into the office was excellent. I had a couple of meetings, got some work done and came home at lunch. Man, I was tired when I was on my way home, so much so that I thought I was going to pass out while I was driving home. I don't even remember ever feeling like that. Despite that, I've had a great day.

Day 10 recap:
1. allowed to remove the bandages put on my foot on Friday
2. my incision is 100% closed
3. today is the first day allowed to take a shower
4. I've got tons of dry skin on my foot from being bandaged for 10 days - amazing how much skin can die in such a short time. - washing my foot felt so good :)
5. went to work for half day
6. propped my foot up on my upside down garbage can and a pillow :)
7. came home and propped up/iced down and kept working
8. been relaxing, working rest of the day

More tomorrow in the recovery adventure.


"...And in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make."

---The Beatles


Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: