Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rod Stewart: Cincinnati Concert - Friday, August 8

What a treat!! Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart on a Friday night, last minute and FREE!! Gotta love it! I received tickets from work and got to go to Riverbend to enjoy PERFECT weather and PERFECT music! The show was totally enjoyable, much like the Tom Petty concert. There were tons of women at the concert, you could tell it ranked as a good "Girls Night Out". And why not, Rod Stewart might be 63 years old, but let me tell you - he's HOT (thanks Paris!) and is still sooooo SEXY! My my my.

He is also a perfect gentleman. He thanked the audience for spending their hard earned money to come to see him perform. He promised to give them their money's worth - which he did! He graciously shared pictures of his family with us with a slideshow during a song. He sang many of the standard Rod Stewart songs, but there's so many I don't think he could manage all of them in one show. He had many very talented, hot female musicians, so for the guys that were in attendance there was plenty of eye candy on stage for them. Not to mention the women in the audience.

I highly recommend this tour - and as always, Riverbend is a perfect venue (to me). Cool, starry night, right by the river. This property holds a lifetime of memories for many Cincinnati natives. Those of us that remember Coney Island, swimming at Sunlight pool and then the emergence of Riverbend music center. It's just a great place to go.



"...And in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make."

---The Beatles


Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: