Sunday, August 31, 2008

John McCain & Sarah Palin

Wow! What a BIG surprise, Sarah Palin for VP! I, for one, am very pleased with the announcement.

To be honest, I didn't care for either candidate - I don't care for Obama and especially NOT Joe Biden. If this is touted as "change" then - wow - I don't want it. If Obama would have ask Hillary to run with him - now that was the winning ticket - no one could have stopped him. Whether I liked Obama or not, he would have been my new president on Nov 4th. But picking Joe Biden - yea, like that's really "change". To me, it's politics as usual.

I'm not an ultra-right-wing conservative, but I am conservative about some issues, more moderate on others. Fortunately for me, many of my views are shared by McCain. By adding Palin to the ticket, it equalizes many of those issues, enhances many of the others. It's perfect! It also breaks down the "good old boys" network!

As for the feminists around, I haven't heard of many reports where they are actually happy or supportive. I don't understand why. I am a feminist, I fought for equal rights since the 60's/70's. I believe in equality. Equal pay for equal work. Sarah Palin is one of many women in political office with a good track record, strong ethics. Gotta love her!!

So, now the left-wing media is accusing McCain of choosing Palin just because Obama made the terrible mistake of choosing Biden instead of Clinton. I think their thinking is hilarious. I think they just can't stand that McCain one-upped Obama.

So let the race begin! 2008 Presidential Campaign read.....set.......start......




"...And in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make."

---The Beatles


Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: