Monday, November 13, 2006

long awaited surgery

And I am soooooooo nervous!! I have a secret. Actually it's a deformity. I don't let too many people in on it. It's more of an embarrassment when others see it because they stare. I don't blame them, I guess I would look too. In fact, I look at other people's when they are exposed and occasionally I find someone with the same deformity.

The deformity is in my feet. My right foot is worse than my left, but regardless, they both have "issues". I even hate to admit it here. It's like somewhere in my head I feel like it's my fault, but my Dr. says it's not due to anything I have done - the only thing I'm guilty of is procrastinating, out of shame and fear, to have this procedure done. I have to have bunion and hammertoe surgery. There.....I said it! Man, it's hard to say.

Everyone wants their body to be perfect and for those of you who know me, already know my body is NOT anywhere close to perfect. But even people that have been close to me have never seen me bare-footed.

I have wanted this procedure done for a couple of years now. I wasn't really scared until now. Now that they have scheduled it for Nov 27th, I'm scared shitless!! I have been reading what others have gone through and so far I have only read the bad stories.

This is what is leading me to blog this topic - I would love to hear about successful surgery - recovery times, someone that says it was a piece of cake, anything positive! Please comment if you have had or know someone that has had either of these surgeries successfully.


"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
- Robert Frost

No comments: