Thursday, May 12, 2005

The DEATH Card

Do You Tarot?

Is death the end? Is it the beginning? Do you fear it? or embrace it? What do you think happens next?

I guess when someone you know dies, these questions become pretty real. My friend's old boyfriend died. She here visiting. It's sad. Even if you are expecting it, it's still sad. It leaves a hole. Sometimes the hole can never be filled. It's just a gap, no mitigating the gap, just living with it.

One thing that death does do is make you look at your life, reevaluate if things are moving along the way you expected it to. I telephoned a dear, old friend who also knew this guy. I wanted him to know that he died, but more importantly, I wanted him to know that I was thinking about him. Wondering how he was doing. At a time like this, it's always good to pull in ranks, tighten up the inner circle and just check in with those you love and let them know that you do.

LIFE IS TOOOOOOOO FUCKING SHORT!!

Bury the hatchet, repair old friendships, reevaluate toxic relationships, rid your life of things that waste your energy and precious time, mend the fences, stop and smell the roses, take a vacation, smile at a stranger, do anything you can to enjoy your life. It goes too fast.

The Beatles have a song, "In My Life", where they address this very issue. It's one of my favorites:

There are places I remember all my life,
Though some have changed.
Some forever, not for better,
Some have gone and some remain.
All these places had their moments,
With lovers and friends I still can recall,
Some are dead and some are living.
In my life I've loved them all.

But of all these friends and lovers
there is no one compares with you,
And these memories lose their meaning,
When I think of love as something new.
Though I know I'll never lose affection,
For people and things that went before,
I know I often stop and think about them.
In my life I'll love you more.
In my life I'll love you more.

SWEET!!!! Thanks Guys, it's beautiful!!

No comments: