Saturday, July 12, 2008

Steve Winwood & Tom Petty Concert

Concert update:

Went to see Steve Winwood open for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers this week. Wow, was it ever a GREAT concert!

Steve Winwood was so good, ever true to his style for all of these years. I was so thrilled to finally see him in person. He has such a great career and over the years on all the bands he's been in, he has stayed true to his musical style. Read about Steve Winwood here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Winwood

Spencer Davis Group, Blind Faith, Traffic, on his own, all my favorites. He's played with everyone - Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Dave Mason (who I hope to see perform Sunday evening), Jimi Hendrix, and many more. He is so awesome and his sound is totally unique and consistent. Great performance!

Then Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers came on and what can I say?! It was so much fun, the crowd at Riverbend Music Center went crazy! Everyone was dancing and singing (word-for-word!!) and the crowd average age was much younger than I expected. Oh yea, there were some "old farts" like me there, but there were TONS on younger fans in attendance. It was nice to see.

Here's some links to You Tube to see clips of the concert. I hope you enjoy it as much I did live!!

Mary Jane's Last Dance


You Wreck Me!


Won't Back Down


American Girl


and more.......in the next post!!


"...And in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make."

---The Beatles


Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: