Sunday, September 28, 2008

Junking

I spend my Saturday mornings with a friend of mine, out "JUNKING".

What is JUNKING?? We go to Yard Sales.

Not only do we go to yard sales, we have lists of things we are looking for, then we prioritize the yard sales that we want to go to.

This summer has been pretty successful:
Tiller
16' house ladder
car roof carrier for Jake
stihl chainsaw
warner iron skillet (replaces the one I sold a few years ago)
warner soup pots
beautiful wicker furniture with pads for my SUN room (my latest acquisition)
lots of jewelry
an entire autumn wardrobe
spring form pan for my honey (looking forward to homemade cheesecakes)
lots of small flower pots & home decor
a beautiful runner for my front hallway
a door stop
a box of butterfly surprises for my baby girl
Christmas gift sets, brand new in the box still
Tommy Hilfiger bedding
designer purses/bags
dog bowl
set of antique glasses
meat grinder
pictures for the house
yard torches
and lots more

Total spent on all of this over the course of the summer: Approx $250-$300. I could have spent that much on the wicker furniture alone!!

Totally cool - what a great way to save money and RECYCLE!! Support your local yard sales!!


"...And in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make."

---The Beatles


Thanks for reading my Heavenly Thoughts

No comments: