Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Thor's having company

Mad's coming to visit

His girl is coming to visit. Thor's my dog, big dog, german shepherd/rottweiler mix, looks mostly shepherd, weighs in about 135 lbs, is as sweet as a dog can be. Mad's coming to visit him. So is Jac, his old master, before the divorce. I know that they can't wait to see him. I wonder if he will remember them. I've had him now for 2 years. They have visited a few times, when they are in town. It'll be interesting to find out if he remembers. I hope he does, so they will not be disappointed.

next day.....update........They pulled into the driveway, so I let Thor out the front door. He approached the car, but then got a little skiddish. Jac called his name and crouched down to Thor's level. Thor gave him a little sniff and the LOVE was free flowing!! I was so happy! Thor was nibbling and kissing both of them, jumping up to meet them and wagging all over the place! It was fabulous! Everyone was amazed. My faith in dogs intelligence has been renewed. I already knew he was totally smart, but now I am convinced that instinct is stronger than intelligence and he remembered them from scent.

Isn't that amazing?


"If you are going through hell, keep going."
--- Sir Winston Churchill

No comments: