Sunday, December 19, 2004

StrategyStyle Christmas Party

Thanks! I had a GREAT time!

Last night, I went to the StrategyStyle Christmas Party. It was much more fun than the AO party last week. This was at Jeff Ruby's Tropicana. We arrived and had Cosmos, I had a little trouble with the first one, especially after Friday night's party and the headache that I had all day long. YUCK! But, once I got it started, I was fine and they were going down pretty easy.

We had delicious food - Seafood Martini - which is a humongous martini glass filled with ice and light sticks. The seafood that comes with is is 4 jumbo shrimp, 1 king crab leg, and 4 oysters on the half shell. That was such a treat!! Then I ordered a chicken with spinach and pasta. It had a wonderful lite sauce with blue cheese chunks and steamed spinach. I wanted pasta to help me over my hangover and to prevent me from getting another one, don't know why, but pasta always seems to help and work.

And we exchanged presents and I received a gift certificate for a pedicure (purrr) and an absolutely, lovely handmade necklace, very unique. I'll take a picture of it and post it, it's so beautiful. Plus they treated me to a night out for dinner and a party at the bar. Tina joined us early on, ate with us and told us some interesting stories.

We were supposed to go to Brian and Joe's Christmas Party after dinner, but some of our other friends went there and it was dead, so we decided to wait until later to see if we would go. In the meantime, all of those friends that went to the party, left and came to Tropicana's to the other party. Theo and Karin, my friends from the Nederlands, went to Joe's party and left to meet up with us. It was great seeing them, I haven't seen them in 2 years. I'm going to try to get with Karin on Tuesday and go shopping and then invite Theo to come over for a little chat time.

While at Tropicana's, we also met someone that seems like he has the potential to be a new client. I'm going to check out his site and start the recommendations to him. He would be a good client to have.

One of the staff had a crush on Kat. He was totally sweet, romantic, and charming. He bought her a glass of wine and a rose, danced with her and I took a couple of pictures of him. He made Kat feel really special - which she deserves. I know she would like to meet someone special. I hope she gets what she wants.

I met Sue's friend Scott. He is very nice, kind of quiet. He ended up driving us, so that was a relief since I'm not sure how much Sue had to drink, but if it was as much as me, then she shouldn't be driving either.

Michael came over for a while and then he took us to Club Clau - he got us in the club without having to pay and we got VIP status, which allowed us to go into the VIP rooms. I felt like I was a little out of my element, because the crowd is a very young college crowd. But there were people there my age, so I wasn't the oldest one there at least. The guy from the 2003 season of "Who Wants To Marry My Dad?" reality show was there. He lives in Cincinnati, so I wasn't surprised. He's quite a bit older than most of the people in the club, but he was hitting on all the college aged-girls. More power to him, but it was quite funny to me. :)

There were girls in the VIP room that their jobs were to pose in a glass case and stand perfectly still holding the pose for about 15-20 min and then the booth would go dark, they could get out and take a break, mingle among the guests and then get back in for another round. Kind of strange to me. I really didn't get it.

The guests were typical - lots of girls dancing with girls - driving alot of the guys nuts. The club was packed. I heard it was their last month in business. I can't figure that out since they have such a big crowd. They are among the top clubs in the nation. The rumor is that they want to go out on top. I don't understand the bar business to that extent. I understand that people want to be remembered as winners and on top, but I think that they could stay open and continue to be on top. I don't know, I guess they do.

Some highlights of the evening include: Kat smoking Bill's cigar, Sue knowing people in the bar - she knows people everywhere we go, returning our martinis 3 times due to chipped glasses, meeting a Fox19 reporter, listening to a nice blues band, seeing my friends from the Nederlands, meeting so many new people, going to Club Clau, seeing the college guys in gawdy prom dresses for a fraternity rush stunt, the posing girls in glass cages, "Santa Claus" taking pictures of the guests at the club and just being out with my friends. I am sooooo glad that I have been introduced and worked with both Sue and Kat. I'm looking forward to a very successful 2005, working with them. It will definitely be rewarding, I just can feel it.

Thanks for the wonderful party! Thanks for such a great time out.

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
--- Sir Winston Churchill

No comments: