Friday, December 24, 2004

It's Christmas Eve morn

and Rainman's Birthday!

Today is December 24th. It's Rainman's Birthday and we are having a family party. We usually have dinner and open presents for both his birthday and Christmas with his kids. I'm looking forward to tonight, this will be our 3rd such party together.

I stayed up late tonight, just enjoying my time - watching Conan. But tomorrow, I'll get up early and start the cooking. I baked cookies (couple different types of chocolate chips, peanut butter) today and banana bars. I was going to bake brownies and another kind of cookie, but I ran out of time and I figured I'm better off baking the cookies my kids like, instead of ones that ONLY I like. I am still on my diet, you know. So tonight, we had homamade sushi with salads for dinner. YUM!

The menu for tomorrow is: ham, scalloped potatoes, spinach, kale, butternut squash, and broccili casserole. I'm going to bake a double chocolate cake with milk chocolate icing and vanilla bean ice cream for Rainman's birthday. The kids can take cookies home with them. I doubt that my kids will be home for his birthday. But I do expect them to be here later in the night, so they can be here on Christmas morning. :)

I'm also making the stuffing to take to my cousin's house tomorrow, so she can bake it for Christmas dinner. Not sure how much to make, so I'll give her a ring in the morning. I have a cheesecake to take with me to her house. It's one left from my party last week. It was LOVELY! But it's been tucked in the fridge and not been eaten all week, so we could take it there for Christmas dessert.

Well, I'm off to bed. I hope that everyone's day tomorrow will be bright and merry, full of Christmas spirit and blessings. It's a wonderful time of the year and a time to really show that we care about others. If you still want to donate time or money or presents to an organization for a needy family, just contact an outreach church tomorrow and take them your gift of love. There are plenty of people that would appreciate your thoughtfulness.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
--- Sir Winston Churchill

No comments: