Monday, January 10, 2005

It's been quite a week

I can tell I was back at work...

...I was totally consumed. I'm not feeling very well today and I'm in between Dr. appointments right now. I had tests done this morning and the tests caused some severe cramping. I was happy to get home from the hospital. I'll be going back to the doctor's office this afternoon, I hope it doesn't take too long.

Wow! I can't believe how long it's been since I've written. I could really tell that I've been VERY busy, not only working, but helping Rainman get his things moved. It's been very challenging because it has rained so much, almost every day for the last week or so. One night this last week, he even got the truck stuck in the back yard in the mud.

But, I'm pretty lucky because some people have had to evacuate their homes due to flooding in the area again this year. The weather is so weird. I don't ever recall seeing so many bizarre weather related stories as in the past few years. Even though the weather problems we are having is NOTHING in comparison with the tsunami, overall, it's still a big change in weather patterns. My yard is a soggy mess and that has delayed the progress in his moving. It's funny how it's a blessing in many ways because it has allowed me to 'deal with the impending emptyness' that is coming. He's going to be living not too far, but it's not here. So the slowness of moving out has helped me, really. I don't think I'm going to freak out when he spends the night there and not here.

Let's see, what's happened this week. Not a whole lot - I cooked, I worked, I watched a few movies, I went to a networking event, I went on a date, and I got to finally celebrate new years! Wait a sec, it sure does sound like a whole lot. Let me look at everything I listed.

Networking event: Last Thursday, I attended a Women's Circuit event. I saw quite a few people that I know and met some new ones. Those events are absolutely great. I love it.

My date: Friday night, Rainman and I went out to dinner - steak dinner at Sorrento's, piano bar, couple of drinks, very nice time. Then we went to see White Noise, new movie, premiere night. It was crowded at the theatre. The movie itself was pretty good, out of 5 I would rank it a 4. It was kind of slow in the beginning, but I could understand why, it was important to the plot of the moview. Then, when the plot was picking up it was really getting intense. I thought it was nicely done and entertaining, even scary. I had nightmares that night! I'm such a woos.

Cooking: I cooked quite alot of dinners. Good dinners too. Tonight I'm fixing baked salmon and it should be totally yummy. I made spaghetti one night and Tamara, Darby, Beka and I played Scene It! that was fun! I made tacos another day and greens, veggies another night. I might go to another cooking class next week, if I can get a ride there and home!!

Moving: I also helped Rainman move. I took quite a few loads with him to his place. We got some of it put away and even had to troubleshoot his furnace last week. Luckily it's not been frigid cold outside, so even though it was cold inside, it didn't do any type of damage.

Now, I've got to go to the dr. Hang in there and I'll write more later.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Ben Frankin

No comments: