Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Back at work

vacations are great!

I went back to work today after a 17 day absence. It was great to be out of the office for 17 days. I mean, normally, I would be lucky to take a week, but 17 days! Wow! And you know what? The building was still standing, I still have all my clients, it was nice and peaceful (very quiet) at work today. Everything was rolling along just fine! I loved it.

I didn't even mind being there today. It was really good to be in the office. I read some of my 150+ emails, some of which had been sitting since 12/19 and 12/20. And everything was fine. No fires! No fire drills! How perfectly lovely!

Then I came home from work and Rainman wanted me to help him move a load. It's been raining here in Cincinnati for days, but stopped today all day. He thought he'd just pull the truck behind the house, back it up to the patio and we'd pull boxes out - load the truck and pull out, no problemo!

Everything worked in that direction for a while. I mean, he got the truck in the back yard, no problem. He backed it up to the patio, no problem. We loaded the truck, no problem. He jumped in it to pull it out of the yard, SURPRISE, BIG PROBLEM! The truck got stuck and the lower part of my backyard now resembles the muddy area at Woodstock! Wanna go sliding?

Anyway, it worked out great because the guy across the street (who I learned happens to be a tile expert!!) came over to help us. He and Rainman pushed and I drove, we got that truck out of the mud hole and back onto the street! YEAH! Glad to be back at work, it was much easier :)

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Ben Frankin

No comments: