Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day...always remember the soldiers

Today is just one holiday set aside to honor our veterans. In my own family my Grandfather served in the Spanish American War in the later 1800's. My father served in the Army Air Corps (which later became the Air Force) and then the Air Force; he fought in both WWII and Korea. My Mother was even a volunteer nurse's aid while she was married to my Father and traveling with him. He later retired from the service in the 60's. I honor their memories not just because they are my family, but because they were patriotic and taught me to honor my country.

Today I remember, honor and appreciate all those who served my country to preserve our right of freedom. I appreciate that we have the right to speak freely, to have opposing opinions, to vote our hearts in the polls and to support our government in local ways. It's a wonderful country and for those of you that have never gone to another country - please do - then you can understand how fortunate we are to live in America.

All past, present and future soldiers, I SALUTE YOU!!

"No one travelling on a business trip would be missed if he failed to arrive."
--- Thorstein Veblen

No comments: