Monday, May 21, 2007

My First Week at Work

Well, even though I was stressed while I was off work and didn't get to REALLY enjoy my time - there's something to say about not having to get up at 5:30am and start my day!! This week was my first week on my new job. I had to recalibrate my internal timing to wake up early.

Fortunately, day 1 I didn't have to be at work until 9am. So I got up around 6:30am. The office is at least an hour drive from home, if there is heavier traffic, then it's 1 hr 20 min. My first day, I made it just in the nick of time. The rest of the week I needed to be there at 8am because there were meetings everyday at 8, so I had to get up at 5:30am, take care of the dog and myself to get out of the door in time. After 4 days of driving in heavy traffic, crawling along, I decided to ride the Coaster. It's really great here in San Diego, I can get the coaster about 10 mi from my house, ride it to the station closest to my office in 20 minutes, then catch a shuttle to the driveway at my office!! I'm at work in 30-35 minutes and have had time to listen to my book on IPOD, relax and I loved it!!

I learned alot at work - I am working in the telecom industry for a hardware/firmware manufacturer. I have to learn the industry, the language, the hardware, the process, the supply chain and my customers!! I'm well on my way, I've had many training meetings all week. It's very interesting and I'm glad that I accepted this position. I believe I will do really well here.

The company is global and I love working with global teams. I find it to be fulfilling, fun, and interesting making friends in other parts of the world.

The fun things that I did this week - I got to shop for new clothes for work. I got some really cute clothes. Since I'm still recovering from my foot surgery, the shoe thing is the challenge. I bought 2 pair of Ugg Clogs, very cute and will work when I have to dress up. The only problem, the first time I wore them, I got blisters on toes - OUCH!! So, I had to give those a rest this week and will have to wear bandaids on my toes and wear socks when I want to wear them at work.

We went out to eat on Saturday night to celebrate my new job! That was sooooooo good! We went to Vera Cruz Fish House in San Marcos. It was fantastic! I got Blue Nose Sea Bass and all I can say is that it was so delicious that a day later I recall how delicious it was. MMMmmm! I spent alot of time walking my dog this weekend, after listening to Cesar Millan's book. Everything he does with his dogs are after they have been exercised. So, I've been walking as much as my foot will allow.

I'll try to write more often, this week was just a bear. But I have to get going - it's almost bedtime! I'm not used to going to bed so early, but I have to or I can't get up! Take care!!

"Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!"
--- Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: