Monday, February 07, 2005

It's only Monday....

and I'm already behind!! YIKES!

It's really challenging to start the day already behind, much less the entire week. I'm really not sure if I can sustain this pace for much longer. I am busy every day, with no lag in between. It's very fast-paced and I'm running in multiple directions all the time. I guess, what I really need is a VACATION!! I think for me, it's wise to start planning to take my vacation in long weekend terms. So, maybe to plan to work Mon-Thurs and take at least one Friday off a month. I'm kind of starting that this week, just to see if that will help. I have a personal day scheduled for Friday, although, I have a feeling that I'll be working enough before Friday and over the weekend that I won't even have to take the personal day :(

On the other hand, it's good to be this busy. I mean, it means that we have projects and new work coming. It's important to maintain the pipeline and sustain the current customer base. That is definitely happening. We are growing and sustaining. I'm relieved about that. That does mean that my team is in tack, they are busy and that's a good thing.

I guess it's just me at this point. I have too many irons in the fire. I have too many things going on at the same time that it's hard to read all the emails, act on all the requests, and keep everyone happy.

Well, that's my 15 minute rant, and that's all I have time for. Gotta get back to work.




"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Ben Frankin

No comments: