Sunday, February 27, 2005

Good Friends, Good Food, Great Fun!!

weekend update

It's been a nice weekend. I got to relax alot thanks to my good friends who cooked for us and called to check on me. I was able to do some things without overdoing it and I really enjoyed it.

Kat cooked us a FANTASTIC dinner on Friday! homemade scalloped potatoes, which were the yummiest and Carribean Jerk Pork Loin, salad, honey baked ham, different cheeses all fantastic!! The kids loved it and Jake mentioned that he was glad that everything turned out well for me on this premilinary check and that Sue and Kat cooked for us. He LOVED it! He loved trying different people's recipes and dishes. Beka totally enjoyed the dinners. She loves port roast and honey baked ham. So she was in "hog heaven" - pun intended!

When Kat came over she brought her son, whom I have only seen in pictures. He's adorable! He was wearing his Spiderman outfit and was totally spidey-man!! He brought me his pony to show me and Kat had one of his pieces of artwork framed. It was remarkable. It looked so great framed and I could just picture something like that at the art center. Very cool.

Then Tommy came over to watch a movie. It was truly nice to hang out with him, talk about the families, catch up and just be friends. I really appreciated his concern about me. It was fun to laugh and hang.

Saturday, I had the chance to just hang out and relax. I did a couple lites loads of laundry so I wouldn't have to face it on Monday. That was cool, and in between I got to rest. Went to get my hair done Sat morning, got a little highlight to brighten my already dark blonde hair, but this time got a little "surprise" in it :) I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag until I see if anyone notices on their own. I'm pretty excited about it, it's something that I have wanted to do for a while. It's cute.

Then Saturday night, Sherry came over to get me and we went to dinner at Macaroni Grill. Couldn't eat all of my meal, but we had fun just hanging, talking and eating. I really enjoyed myself and as always we bitched about the men in our lives and how we are so responsible and they aren't blah blah blah, same old shit different day, but it's always fun to talk about things.

Well, I'm off to a Murder Mystery Dinner. Will report on how cool this is later.

No comments: