Friday, June 23, 2006

The fastest two weeks ever!

Heavenly Thoughts

Didn't realize that it's been 2 weeks since I wrote. Time flies when you're having fun!! Actually, it wasn't all that much fun - it was stressful - we were house hunting, actually found a condo that met all of our needs, put in an offer on it, was insulted by the seller and turned down the counter offer. So, we're just going to put it off for another 6 months. It was too stressful for now.


Work is going well. My projects are moving right along and delivering on time looks positive. I will keep managing and pressing forward. I do love it! I always love my work and now that I have internal clients, I am finding that they are often more demanding than external customers. But then in the past, I have had some the BEST CUSTOMERS EVER!!! Delivered some very challenging projects, fun websites and done it really well. Many of my customers and I are still friends!!

Health Update:
1. I have to have surgery (probably in Sept) on my right foot. It's reconstructive surgery as 3 of my toes are dislocated and my foot hurts like hell!! Don't know exactly how it happened, but it will be great to get it fixed. Then after that's done, I'll have the left foot done, it's a little less intense, but still needs some reconstruction. I hope to be able to work from home for a few weeks and then come into the office for several months with an orthopedic boot.

2. My honey REALLY needs a Kidney. He's type B blood, so type B and O could be a potential donor. He was just in the hospital this past week because his kidneys are not processing too well, he's holding water like crazy and it was settling in his lungs. They gave him lasics (sp?) interveinously and as a result from Sunday to Tuesday night he lost almost 20 lbs of just water!! (I'm jealous of his losing that much weight!! just joking!) He's home and doing great - went right back to work Wednesday. But it won't be long - he'll have to have a kidney transplant and we would like it to be before the dialysis if possible. PLEASE PRAY FOR A KIDNEY FOR HIM.

3. Joined a gym, so now I am more serious than ever to lose weight. I am following weight watchers diet, although the gym is suggesting certain vitamins to help me in my weight loss and health vernture. I take vitamins right now, so when I get low and it's time to buy, I'll consider it. I even have a personal trainer who is going to get me started. I have 5 hours with him, so I don't know how much we can accomplish in that time, but if I spread it out to 1 visit per week and he helps me design a great workout over that 5 weeks, I think I'll be well on my way. It's only been a couple of days, but already I feel like I'm making some headway - going to the gym, trying to get in to a regular routine. Making it part of my day. Prefer the early morning time and this gym is open 24 hours! that's wonderful.

I guess not too much else is happening. Hope you have a nice weekend and I will try to write more often. We're heading out and about this weekend, I'll post some pictures next week!


No comments: